This list will be included in the article of “product categories limitations” in Dropship blog. These are products that could not be shipped by normal shiplines from China or they are prohibited from importing to the US
|Category||Description||Possibility of |
|Reason of |
|Health product||• Nutritional and Dietary Supplements.|
• Vitamin / Mineral /Protein / Unconventional Diet for Humans and Animals: Human Vitamins / Minerals / Proteins; Animal Vitamins / Minerals / Proteins; Herbal and Botanical Products; Animal By-products & Extracts; Fats and Lipid Substances; Fiber
|Fulfill with the special condition||Need to check labels, and certifications from government agencies like the US food & drug administration (FDA)|
|Cosmetic||• Baby Products; Bath Preparations; Eye Makeup Products; Fragrance Preparations (perfumes; colognes)|
• Hair Preparations (coloring; non-coloring); Makeup Preparations; Manicuring Preparations; Oral Hygiene Products; Personal Cleanliness products / cosmetics-overview products
• Shaving Preparations; Skin Car Preparations; Suntan Preparations; Cosmetic Raw Materials; Cosmetic Packaging / Labeling
|Fulfill with the special condition||Need approval from FDA|
|Drugs and drug-taking tools, narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances for illegal use, and precursor chemicals for illegal use||• Anesthetics, ointments, foot patches, etc.|
• Drugs, narcotics, and psychotropic substances: such as opium (including poppy shells, flowers, bracts, leaves), morphine, heroin, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine (ice), ketamine, methcathinone, amphetamine, sodium coffee, etc.
• Precursor chemicals: such as piperonal, safrole, safrole oil, ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, hydroxyimine, o-ketone, phenylacetic acid, bromopropiophenone, acetic anhydride, toluene, acetone, etc.
• Any merchandise that requires a doctor, optometrist, or other healthcare providers to prescribe, administer, fill or sell.
• Household medical equipment for similar purposes, such as medical masks, etc.
• Drug tools: such as curling and so on.
|Fulfill with the special condition||Need approval from FDA|
|Bullion, gold coins, and medals||• Items originating in or brought from, Cuba, Iran, and Sudan* are prohibited|
• Copies of gold coins
|Prohibited||Prohibited by Customs and Border Protection (CBP)|
|Certain food items||• Foods that require special storage conditions, such as fresh food, quick-frozen food, etc.|
• Children's packaged food, infant formula (including milk powder and liquid milk), nutritional and health products, and food additives for children under three years of age.
• Dietary Conventional Foods / Meal Replacements
|Fulfill with special condition.|
(Condiments, vinegars, oils, packaged spices, honey, coffee,tea can be fulfilled)
|Need approval from FDA|
|Adult Products and Related Services||• Adult toys and games, bundled equipment / accessories, sexual enhancers||Fulfill with the special condition||Regulated by the FDA as Class II medical devices so supplier has to confirm the label of packaging of product does not claim it as medical item|
|Alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes and related products||• Alcohol, including all alcoholic beverages|
• Tobacco or any product containing tobacco.
• Hookah or hookah.
• Smoking supplies, including pipes and rolling papers.
|Fulfill with the special condition||Duty will be collected on the entire shipment , and the courier will probably charge handling and Customs Broker fees that could significantly raise the cost of the shipment.|
Shipments of these products should be sent to recipients who are licensed and authorized by relevant federal, state, provincial, or local law or regulation.
|Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems, including parts, components, liquids and accessories||• Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems are defined as any electronic device that, through an aerosolized solution, delivers nicotine, flavor, or any other substance to the user inhaling from the device. Examples include e-cigarettes, e-hookahs, e-cigars, vape pens, advanced refillable personal vaporizers, and electronic pipes.|
• Any component, liquid, part, or accessory of an electronic nicotine delivery system, regardless of whether it is sold separately from the device
|Prohibited||See this link|
|Auto and auto parts||• Cars, motorcycles, motorcycles.|
• Automotive parts or components such as brakes, engines, tires and rims, automotive lighting, fuel, instrumentation equipment, seats, oil filters, etc.
|Fulfill with the special condition.|
(Car accessories are not included in this restricted list).
|Must ensure that the goods meet the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Each type of auto part faces different regulations by the applicable Federal Government Agencies. Auto part imports that are subject to EPA and DOT regulations may require a receipt for purchase to clear U.S. Customs.|
|Media product||• Including but not limited to audio, video, and video games.||Fulfillment restriction||Cannot fulfill|
|Virtual product||• Including but not limited to memberships, services, guarantees, subscriptions; downloads of books, magazines, newspapers, music, videos or other products (such as recharge cards).||Fulfillment restriction||Cannot fulfill|
|Animal products and animal-by-product||• All products made from sea turtles|
• All ivory, both Asian and African elephant
• Rhinoceros horn and horn products
• Furs from spotted cats
• Furs and ivory from marine mammals
• Feathers and feather products from wild birds
• Most crocodile and caiman leather
• Most coral, whether in chunks or in jewellery
|Control devices, offensive weapons||• Controlled knives: such as daggers, three-edged scrapers, switch knives with self-locking devices (jump knives), other similar single-edged, double-edged, three-edged knives, butterfly knives, switch knives, folding knives, military knives , Katana and other controlled knives.|
• Sharp or blunt objects other than controlled knives: kitchen knives, large scissors, large fruit knives, large table knives, craft knives, swords, items with sharp edges or sharp points, such as ice axes, ice picks, ice skates, art and sports Knives, spears, hairpins, halberds, special-purpose knives (including all blade lengths) for unit performances, such as scalpels, butcher knives, carving knives, razors, planers, milling knives, utility knives, sabres and sabers for ethnic minorities and other various devices that are considered to be a danger to aviation safety.
• Others: such as crossbows, tear gas devices, electric shock devices, sapper shovels, batons, electric batons, military (police) daggers, tear gas, pepper sprays, slingshots, fist nails, axes, swing sticks, weighted or spiked spikes canes, iron-tipped trekking poles; blunt instruments that can cause personal injury or pose a greater hazard to aviation safety and transportation order, including but not limited to baseball (or softball) bats, billiard sticks, cricket bats, hockey sticks, Golf clubs, canes or umbrellas with metal tips, and brass knuckles, clubs, nunchucks, etc. for martial arts sports.
• Other items that can cause personal injury or pose greater harm to aviation safety and transportation order, including but not limited to crowbars, drilling rigs (including drill bits), chisels, hammers, cones, saws, pliers, welding guns, bolt guns, shooting Nail gun, screwdriver, wrench, slingshot, bow and arrow, dart, high power laser pointer.
• Guns (including imitations and main parts): such as pistols, rifles, submachine guns, riot guns, air guns, shotguns, sports guns, anesthesia injection guns, steel ball guns, tear gas guns, signal guns, starting guns, sample guns, realistic guns Toy guns, gun parts (sights) that can be assembled after disassembly, etc.
• Ammunition (including imitations): such as bullets (bullet pendants), bombs, grenades, rockets, flares, trainer bombs, incendiary bombs, smoke bombs, signal bombs, tear gas bombs, gas bombs, mines, grenades, artillery shells, gunpowder, explosives , and other explosives.
|Explosives||• Blasting equipment: such as explosives, detonators, fuses, detonating cables, blasting agents, detonating cables, fuzes, etc.|
• Fireworks and firecrackers: such as fireworks, firecrackers, throwing cannons, crackling cannons, smashing cannons, paint bombs and other fireworks and firecrackers and black powder, pyrotechnic powder, starting paper, fuse, etc.
• Others: such as propellant, propellant, nitrocellulose, electric igniter, magnesium rod and flint, etc.
|Compressed and liquefied gas and its container||• Flammable gases: such as hydrogen, methane, ethane, butane, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, ethylene, propylene, acetylene, lighters (including accessories), liquefied petroleum gas, freon, oxygen (bags for patients to inhale oxygen) Except medical oxygen), water gas, etc.|
• Toxic gases: such as carbon monoxide, nitric oxide, chlorine, etc.
• Explosive or suffocating, combustion-supporting gas: such as compressed oxygen, nitrogen, neon, aerosol, etc.
|Five, liquid and powder, crystal, paste||• Flammable liquids: such as gasoline, diesel, kerosene, tung oil, acetone, ether, paint, lacquer, benzene, alcohol, rosin oil, nitroglycerin, ammonium nitrate, rubber water, paint, butane liquefied gas tanks and other bottled compression Gases and liquefied gases.|
• Other liquids: seafood, alcoholic beverages (beer, liquor, etc.), liquids, gels, aerosols, etc.
• Powder: cosmetics, coffee powder, flour, etc.
• Paste: Turtle paste, honey, nail polish, mascara, etc.
• Crystals: space sand, diamond sand, sucrose, etc.
|Fulfill with the special condition||Use special shipping line. container of more than 100ml may be restricted from import by CBP.|
|Flammable solids, spontaneous combustion substances, flammable substances in contact with water||• Flammable solids: such as red phosphorus, sulfur, aluminum powder, flash powder, solid alcohol, matches, activated carbon, table tennis, celluloid, foaming agent, etc.|
• Spontaneous combustion substances: such as yellow phosphorus, white phosphorus, nitrocellulose (including film), titanium powder, etc.
• Flammable substances in contact with water: such as metal sodium, potassium, lithium, zinc powder, magnesium powder, calcium carbide (calcium carbide), sodium cyanide, potassium cyanide, etc.
|Fulfill with the special condition||Imports of chemical substances, mixtures or articles that contain a chemical substance or mixture must comply with the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) in order to enter the U.S. Importers must certify that imported chemicals either comply with TSCA (positive certification) or, if not otherwise clearly identified as a chemical excluded from TSCA, are not subject to TSCA|
|Oxidizing agents and peroxides||• Such as permanganate, perchlorate, hydrogen oxide, sodium peroxide, potassium peroxide, lead peroxide, chlorate, bromate, nitrate, hydrogen peroxide, etc.||Fulfill with the special condition|
|Toxic substances||• Such as arsenic, arsenic, mercury compounds, thallium compounds, cyanide, selenium powder, phenol, mercury, highly toxic pesticides, etc.||Fulfill with the special condition|
|Biochemical products, infectious and infectious substances||• Such as germs, viruses, substances with live pathogens, parasites, excrement, medical waste, bones, animal organs, limbs, untreated animal skins, untreated animal bones, etc.||Fulfill with the special condition|
|Radioactive substances||• Radioactive substances such as cobalt, radium, plutonium and other radioactive isotopes.||Fulfill with the special condition|
|Corrosive substances||• Such as sulfuric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, storage battery, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, etc.||Fulfill with the special condition|
|Plants and plant products||• Flowers, fruits, vegetables, seeds, herbarium, pine cones, etc.||Fulfill with the special condition||Custom declaration is required|
|Various electronic products with batteries and magnetic items||• Batteries: including various types of dry batteries, accumulators, lithium batteries, solar cells, etc.|
• Electronic products: including mobile phones, tablet computers, notebook computers, desktop computers, mp3 (mp4/mp5), electronic blood pressure monitors, cameras, video cameras, power banks, etc.
• Magnetic items (magnetic items without degaussing protective packaging) such as: money detectors, large and small speakers with speakers, carbon steel, magnets, earphones, headsets, circuit boards with transformers, strong magnetic items, etc.
• Channels whose shipping attributes are general goods cannot ship such items.
• The supporting batteries cannot exceed 2 sets of batteries per package, and any form of mobile power supply is not accepted.
• Electronic products and children's toys need to have CE mark, which can be affixed by yourself. If there is no CE mark, it will be destroyed by default after customs inspection. France will incur fines ranging from 150 euros to
|Fulfill with the special condition||Batteries are counted as dangerous goods as there is a chance of them leaking, exploding or catching fire on planes if not handled properly during the shipment. These products require special battery labels and need to be declared as dangerous goods on the airway bill|
|Illegal counterfeit goods||• Such as forged or altered currency, certificates, official seals, etc.||Prohibited|
|Infringement of intellectual property rights and counterfeit goods||• Infringement of intellectual property rights: such as books, audio and video products that infringe patent rights, trademark rights, copyrights, etc. Infringement includes appearance infringement and trademark infringement.|
• Fake and shoddy: such as fake and shoddy food, medicine, children's products, electronic products, cosmetics, textiles, etc.
|Illegal publications, printed matter, audio-visual products and other promotional materials||• Books, publications, pictures, photos, audio-visual products, etc. that contain reactionary content, incite ethnic hatred, undermine national unity, undermine social stability, promote cults, religious extremism, and obscenity.||Prohibited|
|Special equipment for spies||• Such as hidden eavesdropping equipment, photo stealing equipment, burst transceivers, one-time codebooks, steganographic tools, electronic monitoring and interception equipment for obtaining intelligence, etc.||Prohibited|
|Valuables||• Gold bricks, silver bars, cash, platinum, etc.||Prohibited|
|Antiques and crafts||• Such as Ming Dynasty porcelain, exquisite glass products, etc.||Prohibited|
|Pathogens of infectious diseases||• Items such as hepatitis B virus and anthrax that can cause personal injury or pose greater harm to aviation safety and transportation order, including but not limited to: bacillus, tuberculosis, and HIV.||Prohibited|